Hello, Family.

I hope you guys had a great week in Lake Powell and that you all got home safely. Things are going great here in Aeropuerto, and I’ve got some great news that I am going to save for the end.

Here are the highlights of my week:

P-Day, KFC, and Giraffe Races

Last Monday, we played soccer in the morning like usual. I played pretty terribly. After soccer, we cleaned a little, showered, and wrote you guys. After writing, we went to lunch and got a huge bucket of KFC chicken with Chelo, one of our friends here from the ward. After eating, we paid to ride these little animal cars that you can ride around the mall. I rode the giraffe and won the race. Normally only little kids do it, but ya know, we’re kids at heart. That night, we got packed and had to head over to the Dias bus station at 10:00 to get on a bus that took us to Trujillo. We rode down on a pretty crappy bus, but I actually slept ok.

Leadership Council and a Broken Bus (Three Times)

When we got to Trujillo at about 4 a.m. on Tuesday morning, we went to the assistant’s room and slept for another hour before getting up to get ready for the leadership council. We ate a quick breakfast and headed over to the chapel in Primavera to be there for the council, which started at 8 a.m. The leadership council was really great, and we made a lot of decisions for the mission that were important. Being there, I realized it is close to my fourteenth leadership council, which makes it pretty normal.  After the council, we hurried over to the bus station again to make our bus that left at 1 p.m. We got on the bus and we got about three hours into the route when the bus broke down and we got stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. We were there for about an hour, and then they got it working, so we got on again. Twenty minutes later, we were stopped again because they said that there was no oil, so we waited another hour for that. Once that problem was resolved, we got back on the bus, and 20 minutes later, we were once again stopped. They said that something in the engine had gone wrong and the bus wasn’t going to be moving. We waited another hour for a bus from Chiclayo to pick us up, and we ended up getting to Cajamarca at about midnight.

Good Proselyting Days

Wednesday and Thursday were just normal proselyting days, and we are just working hard to keep working with our investigators and also to keep finding new people to teach. We are seeing lots of progress, and we should be seeing some baptisms in the next coming weeks.

Friday, we also had another day until that evening when we got a call from the office with the transfers. I will tell you about that at the end.

Ward Activity and Peruvian Singers

Saturday, we went to a ward activity in the afternoon. The young men and young woman of the ward did a talent show, and it was fun to see some of their numbers. They, for the most part, just danced because, as I’ve mentioned, the Peruvian voice isn’t the best. It’s not terrible, but I mean, well, yeah, it’s pretty terrible.

Sunday and Home Teaching

Sunday, we had a great sacrament meeting and the classes were prepared very well. We didn’t have the best turnout of investigators, but it still was a good church day. After church, we had lunch with the Campos family and then went to a few visits that we had. In elders quorum meeting that day, they had talked about why a lot of the home teaching visits weren’t getting done, and we offered to help anyone with their visits if their companion wasn’t able to go or they were out of town. So, that evening we went out with one of the priesthood holders of the ward to help him do a few of his visits, and it was a good opportunity for us to get to know a few more of the members.

Staying in Cajamarca to the End

That night we went to the bus station to send off the missionaries that had transfers, and that brings me to my big news. The secretaries called us and gave us the transfers, and I found out that I am going to be staying here in Aeropuerto to end my mission! I am so excited, and I was a little stressed leading up to the weekend, but now that I know I am staying here, I am so happy to keep working as hard as I can for this last transfer.

I love you all!!

Elder Carman


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *