Hello, Family.

I hope you are all doing well, and it seems you have all had a great week. Things are going great here, and I will tell you about it right now.

Here are the highlights of my week:

A Guinea Pig P-Day

Last Monday, we had a pretty great P-day. We got up in the morning and cleaned our room and wrote you guys. Then my peruvian stomach got the best of me, and I was craving cuy (guinea pig.) So we went to a nice restaurant and got our fried cuy with wheat rice, spicy potato, and diced onion. So tasty. After we went out and bought a few things that I need to take home, and I found a really cool necklace for Mom. She will love it. That night we went out proselyting with Marcelo Carrillo and it was great.

Elder Harrison’s District

Tuesday, we went to Elder Harrison’s district meeting and got to spend some time with the missionaries there. Elder Harrison did a great job, and he invited a convert to come and talk in the meeting, which was really neat. After, we just spent the day proselyting and working hard in our area.

District Meeting and Working Hard

Wednesday, we had our district meeting in the morning, and that was really great. We talked about some good topics that I feel were really helpful for the district. After, we once again spent the day proselyting, working hard, and giving our all to the Lord.

Interchange with Elders from Banos del Inca and Rose’s Baptismal Interview

Thursday, we had an interchange with the elders from Baños del Inca, and I got to spend the day with Elder Rosas (from Lima.) We had a great day together and contacted tons of people and really just worked hard. Elder Rosas has five months in the mission, and is really humble. I learned a lot from him, and it was a great time to get to know him better. Thursday was also an exciting day because Rosé had her baptismal interview, and we planned her baptism! Rosé is great, and it has been cool to see her conversion process. She was very ready for baptism.

Rose Gets Baptized—During a Power Outage

Friday was the most exciting because Rosé got baptized! But let’s just say that it wasn’t the smoothest baptism I’ve had. The baptism was supposed to be at 7, and at 6:45, there was a major power outage in all of Cajamarca. We went running to the closest store and bought two soles of candles and went back to the chapel and got everything lit with that. Once we had all the candles lit, we were about to start, and then the light came back on. But at least it helped set the mood with a bunch of candles around the baptismal font. During the baptism, the water was ice cold because the heater stopped working when the power went off, and the water went cold again. So Rose was shivering when she came out of the water. But either way, it still was a good service, and Rose felt good, so that’s what matters.

Playing for the Choir; Meeting Two Guys from Centerville, Utah

Sunday was pretty busy, and we were kind of all over the place in the morning. We first went to our sacrament meeting in Aeropuerto to take our investigators there and make sure Rose got confirmed. After that, we hurried out to Baños del Inca to be there for their ward conference. The choir conductor had asked me the favor of playing the piano for the choir in sacrament meeting, and I did it. I played a few hymns, and it all turned out really great. There in Baños I also met two guys from Utah who had come to do some charity work for a few months and were staying in Baños. They were from Centerville, and I asked them if they knew the Jolley’s, and they said they did. I don’t remember their names, but they are two brothers who will be here until August. I will be home before they are! But anyways, after church, we had lunch with the Canchai Coayla family, and they gave us fried chicken, which was good.

Those were the highlights of our week, and things are going great. I’m just trying to work hard and keep my mind focused on the work.

I love you all!

Elder Carman

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *